We are Ursuline, a college preparatory high school of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Youngstown.
We come from diverse backgrounds in the spirit of St. Angela Merici and the Ursuline Sisters to be living witnesses to the wisdom and virtue of Christ and His Church.
We form a family of faith, achievement, and promise, striving to be life-long learners and responsible citizens in a global society.
Soli Deo Gloria
To fulfill our Mission …
- We promote excellence in all aspects of the Ursuline experience.
- We assist our students in the proper formation of a moral conscience in order that they might live their lives more abundantly in Christ and serve one another.
- We strengthen the necessary partnership between home and school, affirming that Ursuline exists to serve the primary educator of the student – the parent or guardian.
- We are committed to educating students of diverse economic, cultural, religious, racial and ethnic backgrounds.
- We promote responsible social change based on Gospel values.
- We champion superior standards of academic achievement which establish the groundwork for our graduates’ success in personal, academic and career endeavors.
- We integrate Gospel values and Catholic teachings within the curriculum.
- We nurture each person’s inherent worth and dignity.
- We express the foundational sacramental principle that God acts through everyone; that all can make a difference, all can touch the future, and all can build the Kingdom of God.
- We employ traditional and innovative methods of inquiry, research and assessment, which meet the many educational needs of the learners in our care.
- We continually challenge one another – adults and adolescents – to strive for growth as learners, believers, and citizens.
- We resolve issues of conflict and division by mutual respect and a Christian regard for one another that affirms the goodness of the individual and the strengthening of our community.