Ursuline High School’s Guidance Department offers a wide variety of support services to help students succeed.
- Individual consultation with students for academic/personal support
- Coordination of after school teacher assistance / tutoring
- Full time intervention specialist to assist students with academic/organizational deficiencies
- Oversee and assist in the implementation of Individualized Educational Plans (IEP)
- Oversee and assist in the implementation of Educational Adjustment Plans (EAP / 504)
- Title 1 Tutoring Services in English and Math
- Coordination of peer tutoring
- Assistance for students when exploring career options and graduation pathways
- Assistance for students in determining yearly high school schedules
- Administration of standardized test program, including the facilitation of testing accommodations (when applicable)
- Recognition of students for local and national awards
If a student is facing an academic issue, please contact the classroom teacher or the Guidance Counselor, Mrs. Jesse or Mrs. Kakavros. Faculty members may be reached via email or by calling the Ursuline Office at 330-744-4563.
Mental Health Services
Ursuline High School has partnered with Alta Behavioral Healthcare to provide a mental health counselor to assist students with school or personal problems. Mrs. Louise Kotel, a licensed counselor, meets with students at UHS. She is available to see students on a regular basis or as needed. If you are interested in counseling for your son/daughter, please reach out to an Ursuline Administrator or Guidance Counselor at 330-744-4563.
Guidance Department Contact Information
Freshman / Sophomore Counselor – Mrs. Korie Jesse (330-744-4563 / email@example.com)
Junior / Senior Counselor – Mrs. Anne Kakavros (330-744-4563 / firstname.lastname@example.org)