Admission of Students to the Freshman Class
Students who have attended Catholic elementary schools within the Diocese of Youngstown for two or more years are admitted unconditionally if the following criteria have been met:
- Satisfactory performance on the placement exam*
- Completion of the admission forms
- Average or better achievement in their eighth grade course of study
- Satisfactory Discipline and Attendance Records
Students from schools other than diocesan Catholic elementary schools may be admitted based upon the following criteria:
- Satisfactory performance on the placement exam*,
- Completion of the admission forms,
- Average or better achievement in their eighth grade course of study, and
- Satisfactory Disciplinary & Attendance Records
Once the above items have been submitted and satisfactorily reviewed by the Ursuline administration, an interview with the Assistant Principal will be scheduled for the student and his/her parent or guardian. Following the interview, an admission decision will be made by the Ursuline administration and conveyed to the parent/guardian.
* Students who attend any elementary school in the Diocese of Youngstown will take the test during the school day at their respective school. It is not necessary to take the test at Ursuline. Any prospective student from a public school district must register to take the test at Ursuline High School.
Admission of Transfer Students
- Completion of the admissions forms,
- Satisfactory High School Transcript,
- Satisfactory Disciplinary & Attendance Records, and
- An interview with the Assistant Principal
Admissions & Financial Aid Process
In-Coming Freshman Admissions Process (Class of 2021)
Families considering Ursuline High School are encouraged to attend as many Ursuline events as possible to learn more about the value and benefits of an Ursuline education. Specific events planned for future Ursuline students and their families are detailed under Events for Prospective Families. Especially informative for prospective families is the Parent Information Night on November 3, 2016 and the Open House on Sunday, February 12, 2017. If you are not already receiving mail from Ursuline, please fill out the Request Information Form, and you will be added to our mailing list.
Incoming freshmen who do not attend an elementary school in the Diocese of Youngstown are required to take the placement test, which helps the school administration to determine appropriate courses for each student. This exam will be held Saturday, November 19, 2016 and from 9:00 to 12:30. A second test date will be announced at a later time. Students should bring several number two pencils and a calculator with them. Reservations for either placement exam can be made by contacting the school office at 330-744-4563.
Following Ursuline’s Open House on February 12 from 1:00-3:30, members of the administration will visit the Catholic elementary schools in Ursuline’s district to meet with students and their parents to complete the registration process. Parents will receive more specific information about these visits in January. Students not enrolled in a Catholic elementary school in Ursuline’s district, should contact Ms. Maggie Matune, Assistant Principal, at 330-744-4563 for information about the registration process.
Financial Aid Applications will be available beginning Sunday, February 12, 2017 at the Open House or by calling the main office beginning Monday, February 13. Financial Aid Applications are due in March. Late applications will be accepted, but will only be considered after all applications turned in on time have been processed. Notifications of financial aid awards are mailed to the student’s home in early June. No student will be considered for financial aid unless they are a registered student at Ursuline High School.
Transfer Students (Classes of 2018, 2019, 2020)
Students transferring from other high schools will be considered for enrollment on an individual basis. Students wishing to transfer to Ursuline must submit transcripts and the most recent report card from their current school. These materials will be reviewed by the administration, and the family will be scheduled for an admission’s interview with Ms Maggie Matune, Assistant Principal. For further information, contact Lisa Yurcho at 330-744-4563.